Sunday, March 05, 2006

well, things like this ALWAYS happen in the "indie world" but im changing the name...apparently smock paper scissors is already taken, somebody has rights to it- i got an email today asking me to delete my etsy site, well change the name anyway, but since you cant change the name i have to delete it and start over. so i suppose i should get hopping before they come after me with a lawsuit. anyway, i havent figured out what to rename it yet, but smockpaperscissors will be no more!

2 comments:

katiecarman said...

I had the same crap happen over my "subterannean productions" film production name. I originally got it from a few friends from film school who ended up dropping out - I had been using it for almost 4 years before they realized it and then they wrote me this irate letter about stealing the name, registering the domain with it, etc. Of course they haven't done a DAMN thing with the name since then which was over 3 years ago....

katiecarman said...

Erin! Ack! I'm so sorry to hear about all the health drama you've been going through too! There's nothing worse than being in that weird limbo where you don't really know WHAT is going on...

Good luck on brainstorming for the new name. I know how difficult it is to come up with something proper and unique. Your crafty in many senses though so I'm sure you'll come up with something! Just bring a notepad with you everywhere you go - you never know where inspiration may strike you!