Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursdays

Well today is Thursday and I am doing my "Things That Make Me Smile" post, along with 2 additional sets that I never got around to the past couple Thursdays. So the topics are Short Hair, White Floors and Repetition. I wanted the hair one to be last but I didn't feel like messing around with it so this is how it's going to be.

Short Hair.


Fun hair makes me happy. And I will forever think that short hair is more fun than long hair. Who the heck wants to stand in the bathroom messing with long hair every day? Not me. So I like short hair better.
All hair photos from wip hairport and madradhair.


White floors.

So maybe it's a huge design trend right now to have white floors. But that's not why I like them. They feel so clean and airy to me...almost like floating. Everything seems to be more pronounced when surrounded by a pallate of white. And from what I've gathered, they really aren't all that hard to keep clean under the right conditions. And by right conditions I mean no black dogs and no kids. And no husbands with leg hair. And no shoes. Okay, so I can qualify for 3 out of 4 of those things. I know most can't, though...so maybe this white floor thing is more for my dreams.


Repetition.





Lately I've been thinking about repetition quite a bit. I feel like I take forever to learn new concepts, processes, ideas...so maybe that's why I find comfort in spaces that include some sort of repetition. It's subtle and not at all over stimulating, but has such a huge impact.

Unfortunately out of my hundreds of photos in my inspiration folder, I haven't really kept much track of sources. I know that most of them came from apartment therapy, but that's about all I can say. If any of them are yours or look familiar or you want them taken down for one reason or another, just let me know.
+++++++++

So what's new? Not a lot here. It's 9:00 and I'm ready for bed, so off I go. I would post about some really cool things I got that were destined for the landfill, but that post wont come for about a week. We'll have house guests starting Friday night and I usually don't go online much unless I have to escape from them. Our friend is staying for the weekend, my mom is coming up on Monday and then my brother might come during the week, too.

I still have to tell you guys about my new job (started 2 months ago to the day), so maybe next week.

No comments: