Thursday, May 29, 2008

One of a Kind

So, I have come to the conclusion that planned posts feel more like a chore than anything else...which is why I've been absent.

I will just have to go with the flow and post when the time is right, rather than a set day.

Since I don't have much of a schedule or weekly routine, my days are all kind of meshed together.

I decide which days I want to work, at what time, and what stores I want to do (it's a merchandising job.)

On the days that I don't have to work, I am either cleaning, bumming around online, running errands, or working on Yellow Canoe stuff.

But sometimes I like to make stuff for us, too:

I bought the hooks from Pier 1 about 2 months ago.

I made the design specifically for us, but of course, I couldn't just keep the design for us...2 days later I was printing new key racks and necklace holders for Yellow Canoe.

Joe saw what I was doing and said "But I thought you made that for us..."

I felt so bad! I did say that it was just for us. I should have asked what he thought about me carrying the pattern over to the goods.

I made sure it was okay with him about 15 times before I listed the new pieces in my shop.

Looks like I will just have to make a different print that is just for us- REALLY just for us.

I've gotten a ton of requests for this rack- lots of people want this exact one with these exact hooks...something that I have to keep saying no to (plus, I can't get the hooks anymore.)

Sometimes you just need something that is only yours.

The bedroom is almost finished.

I'll post photos when it's ready to be seen.

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

Posting when the time is right is good. Your rack is better. And Joe's take on the whole thing is the best.