Thursday, May 08, 2008

Some Stuff



Hi friends,

I don't have a whole lot of time for words but I thought I could at least show you a couple things I've been up to.

I'm always on a quest to decorate the house with high quality goods on while sticking to a small budget.

I came up with this piece a couple of weeks ago.

It's a frame that I thrifted which used to be a dark blue color and the picture was absolutely hideous. I had the frame for awhile and was just keeping it until I found something that would fit in it. I was walking down the aisles of target and saw a cloth napkin for $2.99 by Dwell Studio. I knew right away that it belonged in a frame. It was the last one they had, so I figured it wasn't meant to be a napkin any longer, since it couldn't be sold in a set.

So I went home and cleaned up the frame. Threw a few coats of brown on it, added a matte finish, and this is the end result:

I saw this post on design*sponge awhile back and thought it was perfect for my space.

So I got a roll of cork board and came up with a design. Since the cork board wasn't thick enough, I ran out to the craft store and bought a piece of foam board which was also cut in the same shape. I glued the cork to the foam board, attached some sawtooth hangers, and now I have a great space to hang my inspiration pieces:

I went with Joe to Chicago because he had to go for business.

I saw these beautiful flowers in the park.

I want to plant some of the purple ones as soon as we get a house. Hopefully in about a year.
On the way home from Chicago, we stopped at IKEA. I will show you guys what we got next time I post. I also want to show some of the great things I've gotten from Etsy recently! More in a few days.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: