Monday, September 14, 2009

Outside

Before I left for work yesterday, I visited the Morning Dove who decided to make her nest in one of our birch trees. She's very mighty and cute.


















When I got home from work, we decided to cook out on our new grill. We were standing on the deck and a huge hibiscus bloom caught my attention from across the yard.

























Knowing that it might be one of the last times I saw it this year, I figured I should get a photo, good camera or not.


Then I laid in the hammock to wait for the bats. There are 2 that have been coming to our yard. We've been watching for bats since we moved in and finally saw some a few nights ago. I really adore bats, even though most people think they are gross. Tonight we are going to watch a bat documentary that my penpal Chelle sent to me for Christmas last year.

1 comment:

lisa solomon said...

aren't hammocks the best?
i love the birdie in the nest....

thanks for coming by my blog again!