Sunday, August 29, 2010

Paint Colors

Clem came home from the animal hospital yesterday after spending 2 nights.

He doesn't seem to be doing too well, but I'm trying to remain optimistic.
To keep my mind off things, I made a paint swatch chart on a piece of wood I had laying around.
It's helpful to see all of our wall colors in one place.

It's also helpful because I was able to get rid of about 70% of my paint swatch collection and choosing a Master Bedroom, Bathroom, Other Bathroom and Hallway color will be a lot easier now.

It's funny that we've seemed to settle in with cool colors over warm colors.

I don't really think of myself as a "cool color" person.

But I can't stand red in our home and orange is a terribly difficult color to get right.

Plus I figure that work and errands and social activities are so full of stimuli that I wouldn't want to come home to a loud color palate after doing all that "life" stuff.

So greys and blues (and soon purples) it is.

Our living room is Canyon Echo by Glidden. It only took me about 7 months to find THE perfect grey. I'd highly recommend it if you don't get a lot of natural light in your room or if your windows catch a lot of greenery reflection (grass, trees) because it has subtle pink undertones and it's perfect. Greys with green undertones irk me like you wouldn't believe.
 Today we also finished painting the trim in the living room.

Okay, that's a lie. But I was able to take a photo of part of the room that was finished.

PS- that pedestal table used to be an ugly red-brown color with lots of scratches and a crack. I had a before picture but I deleted it by mistake. Anyway, I got it for $5 and it's one of my favorite thrift rehab scores.

Okay well that's all for now. How is your weekend going?

2 comments:

kasey said...

your living room looks
f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s

Zookpr said...

I need to know the codes (drops of what colors) they put in your paint to make the canyon echo. I went to the store today to get my paint and on the wall it is lighter than the sample paint I bought..so now i am wondering if they got the code incorrect or if the color in the sample bottle was not correct!! They also advised me that it needed a "light" base, maybe that was the mistake. I hope you see this and can help me out..I hate to go to the store and make a fool of myself if it was the sample that was incorrect.