Monday, April 14, 2008

New Stuff

So there was this amazing chair sale at a local shop called "Atomic Interiors".

They have some really great pieces, and there is a chair sale going on through mid-May.

The chairs they are offering are mid-century style, and they are priced from $10-$100.

I saw some great ones that I would have loved to have, but since I have a very small car, I was pretty limited with my choices.

So I picked this one up for $10.

It definitely needs some love- I'm going to replace the canvas with something fun and sand/stain the arms.

I can't wait to get started!

But first I need a sewing machine. Damn.

Anyway, you can't really tell from the photo but this chair has a really unique shape.

I'm still trying to figure out the designer, but I've narrowed it down to a few different ones.

I'm almost positive is a Japanese design, though.


About a week ago I was talking to Lizzie of thelulubird.etsy.com in a forum on Etsy.

The topic was about her beautiful apartment that was on apartment therapy.

I checked out her shop while we were going back and forth in the thread and found the cutest little clothespin dolls!

Now, there are a lot of things in life that I fall in love with when I see it. My wist list is proof.

But there are only certain things that pull the strings of my heart just right to the point where I NEED it.

Like these:

I named them Jens (yenz) and Ella.

Anyway, if you are in for something cute, check out her shop! I love her little dolls so much! They're so sweet and make me smile every time I see them.

Okay, well that's all for now. Tomorrow or Wednesday I'm going to post the flor tile combo I came up with (I'm pretty excited about it) and maybe a few other things.

3 comments:

The Rotary said...

Oh I love Lizzie's clothespin dolls! And great find on that chair. 10?! crazy.

Anonymous said...

That's a fantasic chair and for only $10! What a find.

Liz said...

oh! i just saw this post! it made me smile and smile...
thanks :)