Thursday, April 10, 2008

With a Little Bit of Paint

Today is windy and rainy, so the room photos I want to show you wont be happening for a little while yet because it's so dark in the apartment.

But I do still have something to share!

Last fall I bought this metal tray on clearance from Target.
It was marked down from about $20 to $3.98 or something.
I bought it with the intentions of painting it, since I'm wasn't a huge fan of the brass color.

So 3 weekends ago, I set off to the hardware store to look for yellow spray paint.

Since I live in an apartment, I don't really have a good place for spray painting. It makes things a hassle, but it is still doable.

I got a large box and lined the bathroom floor with newspaper.
First I primed it and then I put a few coats of yellow on, and here's what happened:


A great way to add some cheer to your home and welcome spring is with a little bit of paint.

In fact, I actually created a Flickr group for all things painted! Not like actual paintings, but things that have been given a new life with some paint.

I haven't spent much time on it so I haven't been able to invite anybody to the group, but please feel free to join!

Okay, that's all for now. Come back tomorrow to see what I picked up at the thrift store this week!


No comments: