Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Treasures

At last. After 2 years of repetitive sifting, I have found the perfect N.
























Initially I thought my criteria seemed pretty basic.


It had to be big. And by big I mean over 18" tall.
It had to be wooden or metal.
It had to be thick enough to balance on it's own semi-decently. Nothing flimsy was going to win me over, despite it's numerous attempts.
And it had to be a nice font.
Oh, and a good color.
Not too expensive, either.
A good color was in order, too. And though red is certainly not my favorite, I think it's perfect for this.

'Good things come to those who wait' isn't my favorite saying, but it always seems to hold true. I generally tend to go through great lengths to get exactly what I'm looking for. It probably drives Joe crazy...in fact, I know it drives him crazy. But I think he's gotten used to it by now.

When I wait, I feel like I always have a greater sense of appreciation when I finally do find it. Now that I found my N, I can look for something else. Now I'm keeping a lookout for some neat casters. I'll find them soon, I'm sure.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

It's a gorgeous N. Congratulations!!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

"N"ice

The Rotary said...

ah the thrill of the hunt. where did you find this awesome N?

Beth said...

Worth the wait for sure! My friends in LA found me some old marque letters from an old Hollywood theater of my initials...love them.

Fun to find you too. Way back when MoCo was around (I miss it) I remember admiring your Yellow Canoe work...crazy how connections come full circle.

Pragya said...

Lovely!