Sunday, May 02, 2010

eBay

So I've been glued to eBay for a while now, searching for just the right rug. I tend to watch eBay/craigslist/thrift stores/rummage sales like a hawk when I'm looking for something specific. I always find it eventually.





















I've never been one to just settle, and I still haven't decided if that's good or bad. But I've been trying to find the right rug for our guest room for some time and nothing has come close to what I want. And to be completely honest, I don't even know that this is what I want.





















But at $30 (with shipping) it was too good to pass up and I only had 5 minutes to make a decision. My mind spun from room to room, trying to think of a good back up plan in case I get it and it doesn't work out. Then I decided that if it doesn't do well as a rug, it would be a good wall hanging in the guest room, since we have nothing to put on the walls in there and I've been waiting for something that's big.

Oh, and I'd be lying if I didn't think about about the fact that it would be *perfect* for a kids room. And it would be an even bigger fib if I said I hadn't already thought of coordinating bedding and wall colors.

No babies here, though. Not sure if or when that will happen, but I can still dream. About a kid's room I mean...not necessarily the kids themselves. Although I figure that if we DO have kids, I'll have reason to hang out in a tree fort again. That sounds good to me. Just another area to decorate. ;)

No comments: