Friday, January 02, 2009

Announcement


Well here is the announcement that I was supposed to make yesterday...


Originally I was going to close the shop entirely, but then yesterday I got all bummed out about it. So for now I'm just going to take a break and see what happens during that time.

On my list of things to do during the break:
+learn to knit
+go snowboarding
+make a few zines
+get a sewing machine and learn to sew
+organize my studio and turn it into a place to relax rather than what it has turned into (utter chaos)
+go thrifting. lots.
+read a book. i haven't read a book since 6th grade because my mind wanders too much.
+get a road bike and go go go
+start keeping a journal again
+learn to play guitar
+volunteer
+blog about all the above experiences!

Most of these things have been on my to-do list for YEARS. So I thought that it was time to do something about it. The Yellow Canoe break will start on Tuesday the 6th of January.

Thank you everybody who has supported me in my little adventure!

Hope your new year is a good one- what's on your agenda for the next few hundred days?

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Hooray! Sounds like fun. :D God bless you in your Adventures of 2009 :D

I'm glad you'll still be blogging!

Anonymous said...

You deserve a break! Maybe you'll have more time to EMAIL ME!!!!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I love your list- it sounds like it's going to be a great year.

At the urging, then the invitation of 2 very southern friends I had black eyed peas New Year's day so I guess this year will shape up to be a good one. I'm just going to keep on keeping on because it seems to be working for me.

Yes, glad you are not giving up the blog.

Anonymous said...

I just heard about your break, and while I hope you don't stop creating cool things entirely, I do like your list for 2009! (And I can totally understand how time-consuming art can be.) I'll be following along through your blog and photos!

Ana said...

Enjoy your break! :) I like your list of stuff you want to learn, it's similiar to my list as well :)