Thursday, January 08, 2009

Hello

So I closed the shop a couple days later than I was going to, just because Thursday is the day that I ship, so I figured I could stay open a little longer since I was going to the PO anyway.

Since I haven't had to make anything on my days off, I'm finally able to focus on decorating our bedroom. Have I ever told you how much I hate using the term "decorating"? I don't know, I just can't stand it. But anyway, it's been almost 4 years since we've been dealing with primarily hand-me-down items. Fortunately, I've recently been able to start buying things that are geared more towards our style. More on that later, I'll have to show you what I've bought!

And now I'm dreaming about this alpine bed from CB2:

But it's $600 (plus $100 s&h! geez). And we could really use that money towards a down-payment on a house (or another car...damn it.) So for now it will probably have to wait, and then it will probably be sold out, and then I will probably be entirely bummed about it all, etc. So maybe I will have to win the lottery or something. I could definitely afford it if I could just.keep.working.for.another.few.weeks at my current job, but the season is ending and they are letting me go within a matter of days, I'm sure. Isn't that how it always works? Oh well, at least I was able to get my student loan and most of my credit card paid off.

Today I went and applied somewhere that seems like it would be a pretty cool place to work. I have an interview next Friday, so fingers crossed. I decided not to tell Joe because I like to casually surprise him when it comes to that sort of thing. And honestly, I don't like all the questions that would accompany the idea. I tend to get a little bit crabby when it comes to random questions that refer to something that either doesn't matter or might not happen.

Okay so that's all! Before and after bedroom shots to come soon. I'm excited! The theme is "Stormy Day, Seaside" but that's all I can say for now. I wish we could paint. Dumb. Oh well.

Off to the Post Office and then time to get Joe from work.

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I had a master plan when I went from commuting 70+ mi/ day down to walking 5 blocks. I told no one, but as it became an actual possibility I told one friend + not unril it actually happened did I tell my boyfriend that it was my plan all along.

Sending you good thoughts on the interview.

as for CB2, we just started to get the catalog- my boyfriend immediately thought of the Chris Rock movie "CB-4" and made a crack about "decorating" your cell block.

Man, my comments can get lengthy

Erin Lang Norris said...

Shona! I love long comments, so no worries! I always think the same when I leave comments on blogs too- like, MAN I should have just emailed them. But whatever!

HA! I never thought about CB2 vs. CB 4! That's really funny.