Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Countdown Begins.

Hey everyone!

I hope that your summer is going well. Mine is flying by, and we haven't even done anything worth writing about.

Only one month until we close...I can't wait!

How pathetic is it that the only thing that I have worried about during the house buying process is paint colors? Haha, yeah. I know. It's bad. But there's still a whole month for the craziness to set in. Bring it. I already have my mega-long list made, so I think I'm ready.

I'm hoping my "collect as many design photos as humanly possible" addiction goes out the door just like my "real estate stalking" addiction went. I never thought I'd be able to kick the real estate stalking problem, and I was worried that I'd find something way better after we made an offer, and that I'd regret my decision, blah blah blah. But instead, the opposite happened- I no longer stalk real estate sites and I haven't been on one since we put the offer on the house, and I don't even have the desire to look. Neat.

So I'm hoping that the same thing happens to my design photo hoarding issue when we finally move into the house- because my inspiration folder is about to bust at the seams.

But anyway, my current obsession is our basement.

As you've probably heard me bitch before, I really REALLY dislike basements. For more reasons than I can count. But I think I have figured out why...it's because, in general, people try to make a basement something that it is not- light and airy. And, to me, it usually looks hideous. The light paint colors look so drab. The massive amounts of lighting doesn't lend much of a favor to the issue, either. Which is why we're going to go against the grain and paint our basement dark. Why not just go with the fact that basements are dark and will be dark no matter what? I guess that's just what makes sense to me. I've googled the heck out of the issue (haha, to "google" something sounds so funny) and so many people say "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!", that it makes me want to even more. So I'll show them. (And then I'll probably end up hating it...)

Anyway. I have the next 2 days off, after working a damn long stretch of 7 days, and I will have company over on both. So off I go to get ready for that.

Have a good week!

No comments: