Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Want This

I'm pretty picky when it comes to kitchen utensils and gadgets.

Most things you really don't NEED. Which is why I gave half of our kitchen stuff to Goodwill recently. (Everything I gave away had been a gift, but really- I don't need a smoothie maker when I have a blender and I don't need a pizza maker when I have an oven and don't make frozen pizzas anyway...)

But there are 2 things that I really want.

One is a juicer. I've wanted one of those for a long time now.

And the other is one of these:


















(A Chef'n VeggiChop, via Amazon.)


For one, it's cute, and I usually only bring things into the house if they are cute (which is why Joe gets to come in.) Ha. Okay, just kidding- but seriously, it looks really well designed rather than just another cheap gimmick, which is a big reason why I want it. And two, I really like to cook, but lately I have been short on the time that I once had for that. My favorite meals all revolve around lots of chopping and dicing, which takes lots of time. So something like this would go a really long way for me. And at $29.99, I think it's a fair price for as much as I would use it.

I haven't bought anything new in ages, so I think it's time. When I get paid on Friday this is going to be shipping to my apartment with a quickness.

+++++++++++++

What are you up to today? I'm shopping around for homeowners insurance. Then I am doing some other house stuff, like packing and cleaning the apartment a little bit more and probably making a few other phone calls. I should go do that!

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

So you're telling me it's better than the Slap Chop?

We have 2 cute things that came into the house and some days we wonder why we let them in, but at the end of the day we do love them.

Yay house!