Friday, January 08, 2010

The Latest

I've been freezing in my basement studio most of the day, working on some new pieces for Yellow Canoe. The first ones I've made in over a year.

I managed to finish one of them, which is a little bit different than most mixed media pieces I've done, only because I don't have any India ink right now (it's on its way, though) so it was a little challenging for me to go without.

Definitely not my favorite piece, but that's probably because I didn't get to draw on it.












"the daily grind"

I started out small, 11"x12.75", but I am going to be working my way up to 3'x4' pieces soon. I've never made anything half that big, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Slowly, slowly...I'll get there eventually. I want to ease my way into it all because I know it will disastrous if I try to scale my work that quickly.

Okay, well I am going to go lay on the couch with the kitties now. I'm feeling lazy and I don't really have to do anything today. Except reheat leftover fajitas from last night. :) Joe is out with friends right now. I'm kind of hoping he stays out because then I can have the couch to myself longer, haha.

No comments: