Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Potting Room

The potting room is at a standstill until I start working again, but I have been collecting photos for inspiration for the time being.

Since we don't have a shed yet, and most of our yard and gardens are in the backyard (where the door from the future potting room leads), I am going to do this for my tools. I've found that by making things have fun homes, it helps me put things away. Kind of like how I traded all my plastic hangers for wooden hangers and organized my wardrobe by color. Roy G. Biv , you are awesome. Whatever works, right?

















I'm not entirely certain of the color scheme for the room yet, but I do have some awesome green things that I've been holding onto. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of green in decorating (i say that today...i'm sure it will change by next month) but I think it would work fine in a room like this.























Although I don't actually plan on doing this, I think that the salvaged gate idea is cool. So, I suppose if I come across a gate I might do this...but probably not, because I'd rather use the gate in my yard somewhere.























And, of course, much larger than my room would ever be, but I like the general feel of this space.
















I've got 14'x15' to work with. I started drawing the layout on grid paper the other day, which is always exciting. :)

++++++++++++++++
Etc:

+Today is the last day I will be 24.
+I just found out that CB2 in Lincoln Park has closed. Bummer.
+Clementine and Moonshadow play fetch now. It's quite entertaining.

Okay, I'll return on Thursday with photos from our quick getaway to St. Paul, MN!
+

4 comments:

Jamie Watson said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Woohoo!!!

Katja said...

is it your birthday? Happy birthday!!!:)

beth said...

So nice to think of summer gardening when it is 1 degree out.

Happy birthday...have some Surly Furious when you are up in MN. It is my new fav.

lisa s said...

ah.... so lovely to look at nice organized gardens and goods....
happy belated birthday! 25 ! that's BIG!!! how do you feel??? :D