Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Project

Whenever I run into an obstacle with a project, I just move onto the next. I wont get into the reasoning behind the obstacles, but here is the latest project:

Removing the hideous wallpaper from the hallway upstairs. Edited a couple days later: why do I always refer to the main level as "upstairs"? I don't know...I guess that's the 2 story girl in me crying out. Just kidding, I do love our ranch. :)

We want to wallpaper eventually but it's going to cost a lot of money so we decided to just paint for now. That's not something we usually do, we like to do things the way we want them to be the first time around. But I think I can justify spending $20 on paint for now and a couple hundred on wallpaper later. Wait. No. There is no way I will ever be able to justify spending a couple hundo on wallpaper, but I will just close my eyes when I run the debit number and pretend it never happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today. From the little I've read, it looks like you are undertaking some of the same projects that I've been working on in my house. What a difference paint makes! We actually started with our master bedroom so we'd have a retreat from everything else. We chose gray for the walls. Good luck with your projects and maybe you have in-laws to help with wall paper removal? They were amazing at my house :)