Monday, May 23, 2011

Still Here

Hey friends! Sorry I've been absent. I have a new work schedule (only 4 days a week!) so you'd think I'd be around more, but it seems that March-May is always a busy time for me.

I'm working on a huge (okay, not huge...gigantic) garden overhaul and it has pulled away a lot of my time. I think I'm on wheelbarrow load number 70 by now, no joke. But after spending many days digging, pulling, hauling, rearranging and chucking, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! For this portion of the makeover, anyway.

I'm somewhat crunched for time with this project, not because a Wisconsin summer only seems to last as long as a popsicle in July, but because we are hosting 20-something relatives for a 3-day-long party this coming weekend. Woah. My coping strategies will be as follows: coffee, super secret bee-line escape routes to my bedroom, a collection of earplugs (note to self, pick up some not so obvious flesh colored ones on the next shopping trip), and, of course, beer and/or jello shots. I hope they bring some orange juice ones; I can't imagine eating green jello before noon. Hmm. Maybe I should work that in. 

Disclaimer: I would do this Houdini escape move with any shindig that lasts this long...not just the ones that involve the fam. And I picked up on the earplug trick from my mom at a very young age.

So yeah. That's pretty much it. Maybe I'll post a few sneak peaks in a couple days. :)

No comments: