Monday, May 09, 2011

Rummage Sale Season

Last week was the the village-wide garage sale in Cross Plains, a small town about 10 miles away from our house. This particular town has lots of old houses, and my number one rule when rummaging is to stick to the older neighborhoods, as they always have the best stuff. I have yet to find anything awesome in the new construction 'hoods- it seems like that's where all the baby clothes and plastic furniture seems to end up. And let's not get into the pop-up Mary Kay stands they seem to have (that's still around?!).


Admittedly, I got burnt out pretty early on and only hit about 12 sales. The town kind of goes in two hundred ways and all the mismatched neon signs pointing in every possible direction were a little dizzying. But I did find a few small things, including this sweet weathered wicker chair, which was one of the things I was hoping to find! That rarely happens, and at $5, I thought it was a good deal.






































I have big plans for the area that I'm going to keep it in, although it seems that I have big plans for everything, and that, my friends, is a bit of an issue. Damn you Martha Stewart for making me want a beautiful everything.


Hopefully the storms hold out long enough for me to finish the project. If not, I do have an indoor thing I've been working on. Tomorrow should be a good day. :)

2 comments:

The Rotary said...

*ONLY* 12??! that is a truly impressive feat.

And wow, I really love that chair!

bugheart said...

sounds like
a lot of fun!
great chair.
:)