Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fire Pit Progress

So not a whole lot has happened with the fire pit. I've been calling around to source/price fire bricks since I didn't get a chance to before the construction started (oh, that hurts) and I don't want to get too far with the building before we have them. I heard the bricks were pricey, but I was thinking more along the lines of like $1.20/brick or something. Not the $2.30 I was quoted today. Ha!

Luckily I found them for less, but not quite what I was hoping for. That's okay,we're still within our budgeted cost for the project.














So rather than work on the fire pit today, I chose to paint more of the trim/vents/etc. in our living room.















Have I mentioned how much I dislike painting? One would probably never guess, judging by how much I enjoy making stuff, but I can think of hundreds of other things I'd rather do besides paint. And when I'm standing there with the brush in my hand, I usually
do think of a hundred other things I'd rather do. Which doesn't make my situation any better. But I'm getting there. And my mom did most of the painting in the living room anyway, so I can't complain.

What projects do you like & dislike most?

No comments: