Monday, June 28, 2010

Flokati Washing.

This weekend I managed to accomplish one thing and one thing only.
















I washed our 10' flokati rug that rests on the living room floor.

I was going to take it to the laundromat, but I realized that it was going to be damn heavy when it was wet. So I used some woolite and a hose and called it a day. It's hanging on an old clothesline base. Of course it would have gotten cleaner if I put it in a washing machine, but at this point it just needed to get done and it's good enough for now. I really dislike leaving my house on days off if I can avoid it. Unless I've got money burning a hole in my pocket...then it's fun to leave.

Now I just need to finish painting the trim in the living room and find some window treatments and the room will be FINISHED! It will be the first finished room in the house. Photos to come, eventually.

No comments: