Thursday, August 24, 2006

of course something HAD to go wrong...

remember yesterday when i told you i had new stuff to show you? well i did. and i still do.
but there is just one thing...
about 15 minutes ago i broke my digital camera. i was taking pictures of myself in my dress, with my accessories and such, and as soon as i was finished and about to look at all the pictures, i dropped my camera.
this is definitely a really bad situation, with the wedding being exactly one month from today, the honeymoon right after that, and oh yeah- a thing called blogging and etsy from now till then.
SO since there is no way that i will be able to save enough money at my job for a new one, i am offering everything in my shop at 25% off. its the only thing that i can think of that MIGHT work.
i dont know if it would be worth it to just get it fixed because 1) who knows if they will actually fix it in time and 2) its the zoom lens part thats broken, and i imagine that to be a pricey piece. so i figured that i will try to get a few extra bucks through etsy and then either buy one from ebay (which would be scarey too, what if IT doesnt work?) or try to find one on sale somewhere. its a canon, and i want to keep using canon. joe said i could probably borrow his sisters camera, but you know how learning a new camera goes...or, at least learning one when youve never taken a class on photography- its a slow process (for me anyway!).

3 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I have a friend who is a consumer reports junkie- ask her about anything + she'll tell you what consumer reports said about it. That being said, I took her advice + got an Olympus Coolpix L4 (it's what she had so it must be good) + I absolutely love it! It was just under 150.00 for the camera, card + shipping through the B&H site. According to CR it is less expensive to buy an new camera than to have one fixed. I am so sorry for your loss.
~Shona

Funky Finds said...

I am so sorry about your camera! I just purchased some stationery from you. Is the price marked the price with 25% off or will you send a new invoice? Best of luck fixing the camera!

katiecarman said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your camera breaking, that stinks!

And yes, it was Tengrain who bought Dinosaur City. I hope he sends me a picture of it framed and hung up - it'd be cool to see what he did with it.

I second Shona's suggestion to check out B&H. They've always got great deals on new cameras and maybe you could even find a good deal on an 'open box' or gently used digital camera...

-katie