Thursday, June 18, 2009

2:00. Thursday.

So I'm sitting on my couch, reading the news, and suddenly there is a ladder being propped up against my balcony. Um, okay...I didn't get any sort of notice from the apartment management, so I wasn't really sure what was going on. Before I know it, there are 3 men on my balcony. Okay, for one, I was in the middle of a project (on my balcony) and was about to go back out to work on it some more. And two, what the heck is going on? They were up here for about 40 minutes, installing a new vent cover. But what the heck...aren't they supposed to give me some sort of notice? I don't know, I just didn't think it was very cool. What if I was laying on the couch naked or something? Maybe I just have a thing with boundaries.
Anyway, I'll add it to my list of reasons why I can't wait till we no longer rent.

+++++++++++++

I found this house the other day on a realty site. It's in Mazomanie, though. And Mazomanie is far far away from Monona, which is where I work. I wouldn't mind the drive as much as the maintenance on a car being driven 60 miles (roundtrip) each day.

Originally I thought Mazomanie would be okay, because it's only about 14 miles away from the place I work during the non-Rutabaga season. But then when I went to said place the other day for a rehire event, things didn't go quite as I'd hoped, and I can't say that I'm too happy about it. I can't go into detail for various reasons, but I'm a little peeved.

So I already decided how I would decorate this house if it was mine. But chances are we wont even look at it since it's so far from work. It's too bad that the houses in Madison don't meet enough of my requirements. Mainly because of our price range (we're being pretty frugal with it, I suppose) but also because a lot of the houses don't have a big enough yard. If I can throw a baseball across the length of the yard with my left arm, then it's too small.

PS, I'm right handed.

Well I have to go get a new tire from Firestone now. I've been putting that off for most of the day. I went earlier and there were a ton of people there so I left.

OH and guess who's back? 2 of the 3 guys. No joke. Off I go before I break some skulls.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

We had boundary issues with our landlord in our last rental, which was ultimately why we moved out. MAJOR boundary issues. The thing that was so hard for me to get over when we bought the house was that NO ONE could come in unless we invited them in. NO ONE had a set of keys unless we gave them a set. It was a wonderful feeling.