Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bird House Painting

Yay! Day off today!

My favorite thing to do on my days off is sit on my balcony and paint things.

Even when it's a blazing 90 degree day. I like it when it's really hot, though...it reminds me of the tropics. Sort of. And when I sweat, it makes me feel like whatever I'm doing is worth my time. Haha.

Anyway, do you remember this bird house?:
Well, today it's getting a paint job.

The cool thing about painting when it's so hot out is that the paint dries super quick.
Anyway, I'm on a mega grey kick lately.

And blue.......I don't know WHAT is going on with that, I have always sworn that blue would never be my color and it never has been. And then something happened. I don't know what, but it has to be related to something. Although I usually have a new favorite color about every 3-4 months or so, and maybe I was just tiring of the rotation that I had going over the past 5 or 6 years.

So now I like blue. Mostly slate and aqua colors. Not primary blue, though. I should mention that the bird house was blue until about 5 months ago, when I started this project, and before my blue liking. I need to finish it today because I have about 13 projects going on and I'm trying to get them all done before things get packed up (when we move.) And Joe will be happy to see that I actually FINISHED something, since I get bored with things and move onto new ideas rather frequently.

Anyway, what's new with you? Not a lot here. It's 10:33 AM and I feel like I haven't gotten anything done. I'm going to the nursery to get food for my garden and then I'm getting vinegar and lemons so I can clean Joe's bathroom. Remember, he's the organizer and I'm the cleaner. Which is kind of good but kind of bad because I sort of get the short end of the stick...cleaning takes WAY longer than organizing.

6 Random things:
+I love spicy food.
+I can't wait to have a dog.
+I have never been able to touch my toes.
+I make up songs every morning and sing them to Joe.
+I hate playing softball and basketball but I love playing hockey and soccer.
+I'm listening to Disco Radio on Pandora. I like Disco because it's easy to dance to.

Okay, your turn.

1 comment:

Winnipeg Painting said...

Erin, love your bird house you painted up! found you in the blog sphere looking for fellow blogs painting related! Ola from Canada!