Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good Stuff

I met Kelly through Rutabaga last year.

We talked about Etsy here and there, and she had mentioned that she hadn't done any art in some time.

Well, when I found out that she had opened an Etsy shop this winter, called Kelly Christina Artworks, I promptly ordered this block printed fox card. It's currently hangs in our kitchen in a pretty little frame. Joe and I both love it.















Her work seems very fresh compared to a lot of art I see- her compositions are clever and unique. I was smitten when I saw this new robin last night:














And her photo styling is great too, as proved by the photo above.

I like that she used a trip to Scotland as inspiration for this print:













I hope to own some more of her work soon- I have just the right place for another grouping of art. Well, I actually have about 5 more places. Slowly, slowly.
++++++++++
I never did end up finishing the paint job in my studio. I don't do things after work, regardless of the great ideas I come up with during the day. By the time I get home, eat dinner and get situated, it's already 8:15 and I'm in bed less than 2 hours later. I used to be a night owl but I switched to being an early bird after dealing with numerous sleep problems, and I must say that I like it much better this way. Even though I don't get anything done anymore.

Today is my day off off. The off off part means that I don't have to do any errands. I spend one day off doing errands in town (which always takes up a big chunk of the day) and the other day off doing whatever I feel like doing. I have a lot planned for the day, so I should get going. More later.


No comments: