Friday, November 05, 2010

The Latest Addition. Haha. Get it? Not Yet? Read on.

Today we went to the Odana Antique Mall while our Toyota was getting serviced for a recall. Joe had the day off.

On our way to Madison, I asked Joe what he wanted to do while we waited. He said something lame like "what can we do that doesn't cost money..." Well that was not what I wanted to hear. I had planned on stopping in at St. Vinnie's on Odana and look for some dining room chairs and that was the main reason I tagged along. Anyway, after the rain left my parade, I finally said "Okay. We can either go to the Antique Mall or to the Arboretum." 

And so the Antique Mall it was. It's easy for me to go to there and not spend money since everything is out of my price range. This store is awesome...it's like a museum. I have been known to stay there for three hours at a time, easily. And I spied a really great chandelier for $175, which really isn't bad for lighting, so if I happen to sell like 2 or 3 things on Etsy and win a few scratch off tickets, then I'll buy it. Although I don't play scratch off tickets, so I guess I won't be buying it. Damn it.


Well I found this sweet little stack of flash cards for $1.50 and scooped them up. I'm going to lay them all out in a grid pattern and frame them. They will end up being in a 24"x36" frame, which is pretty substantial and exactly what I wanted.






















When I got home and began arranging them, I realized that they are all hand stamped which made me love them even more. 


Oh. And that plate thing. I got that at St. Vinnie's on Odana like 6 weeks ago for $4. I thought it would be a good way to add a little color to the house and it's cool because the blue and the grey match the colors of some of our walls. At $4, it was a little more than I wanted to spend but I was having terrible thrifting luck that day and I knew it would do a lot for our space. And so I bought it. It was the only way to feel like I didn't completely waste my 3 hours and 85% of my patience.


Well that's all for now. See you soon.
+++
Dang it! I just realized it's Friday and I'm supposed to do My Friday Fix and I missed it AGAIN. Fridays must not be good blog days for me. I need to do better. Sorry. :(

1 comment:

Jo said...

Funny that you mention flash cards because until I about 2 months ago I didn't know what they were.
Then I saw a blogger I like, use them for Art just like you plan to.
I don't know if you read her blog at all.. Benita Larsson?
the post is here

http://chezlarsson.com/myblog/2010/09/flash-card-art.html

Jo xx