Monday, November 01, 2010

Still Laying Around

Well damn it I think I might be getting the flu. My knees feel like they have a migraine and my head feels like somebody shook it. And my neck is creeky and stiff. These are the exact same early symptoms I had in July when I got sick sick sick, but I got some shot so I shouldn't get that again. Although it still feels like it hasn't fully gone away. I call it wheezy lung. I'm hoping that exercise will fix it but I need new shoes for running and I have for a year which is why I haven't ran in a year. And finding shoes is like shaving with a dull razor in cold water. With no soap. Left handed. With broken fingers. In the dark. Because apparently I have oddly shaped feet and they don't fit the shape of most shoes. To make matters worse, I have thick feet. Not wide feet. Just deep feet. And small feet. They say I measure at a 6 but who the HECK wears a 6? Not me. Unless they are Chaco sandals, but that's something else. What a pain in the ass. I always wondered why shoes weren't comfortable for me, and last week when I was shoe shopping the fitter lady told me yeah, you don't have normal feet. That's good, I'll just add it to the list of Erin Wonkfactor. It's funny because before that day the only 2 parts of my body that I liked were my feet and my ears. And now it's just my ears. And even my damn ears don't work right. I did one in with the iPod I think. Uugh. That's okay, I make it work. For now. Anyway, so yeah- the shoe thing...that's why I live in flip flops from March till November. Because I HATE SHOES. But I love shoes. That's the problem. Zzzzz.


Okay, so I got a little bit off topic there, sorry about that.


It's 9:56 am. I've been laying here since 6:20 when I moved from my concrete bed to my couch. Okay it's not really a concrete bed but it might as well be. One day when I'm rich I will get a new one- I figure that will be in about 4 years, as long as we can remain kid-less. I just want ONE year (okay, two years) that I can actually buy things that I need and want! Like new running shoes and more than one pair of pants for work and maybe even a decent winter jacket. Winter, stay away for a little longer, okay? After all that happens I will think about kids. Maybe. Probably not though because I will have fun things then, like a bike. Although Joe doesn't want a bike, so then he can just stay with the kid, right? WOAH wait a minute, when did I start talking about kids....I just looked at the screen and saw that. Yikes.
























Anyway, all I really logged on to blog about was that I'm laying here listening to Moby and looking at the new West Elm catalogue. I haven't been a West Elm fan in about 3 or 4 years. I don't know what happened to that brand, it used to be great. Now it's kind of bland. But there are a couple of things that I want. I'll show you.


Klismos Bar Stool, Counter Height, in Barley. $89. I'll probably just get a $6 thrift version if I can ever find one that's not lame:




















Winter Tree Box, Medium, $24:




















Mercury Votive Holders, $5 each. I'll take the four on the right. The two on the left look severely dated:



















Okay that's all. I'm going to eat mashed potatoes and snuggle with Clementine (again...). He doesn't let up. Ever. He likes when I lay on him, actually. He's more like a dog than a cat. Except when he does his stupid whiny cat voice. Ugh. That's annoying.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather Erin.. feel better.
If you aren't joking about your bed being hard, you could try a memory foam topper.
We bought a cheap matress when I first got to Canada because my stuff was on the sea for 5 months.
Took about 2 weeks to realise it was rock hard so we invested in a 1inch topper.. cost about $85.
I was stunned at how much difference it made.
Once we could afford it we bought a good quality bed [$1600] and put the old one with the topper in the spare room.
To this day.. the $400 matress with the $85 topper is MORE comfortable than our expensive bed.
Just a thought..
Jo xx