Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

My penpal, Chelle, sent us this sweet haunted house candle holder last year as a housewarming gift:
 


















We've only lit it a few times this year. I don't have a very good spot to display it right now so it kind of gets looked over. But I will be fixing that problem soon with a new shelf that I've been thinking about adding in the dining area. I want a place in the house that I can display holiday stuff, so I thought that would be a good place for one.

























I haven't been around the blog much this week for various reasons, but I hope to post a little more this week. It kind of depends on my work schedule I guess. 

I spent most of the day today either hungover or getting the flu or something. I don't know which. Last night we went to my friend's 40th birthday dance party and busted some killer moves and ate good food. When that was over, we waited for AAA to come and unlock our car for us because somebody Joe locked the keys inside. Which he feels TERRIBLE about but I'm okay with because for once I wasn't the one doing something mindless like that. Don't get me wrong- Joe does lots of mindless things but not like that. Anyway, once we got rolling we ended up going to watch a couple bands at the Crystal Corner which was fun. I think I whiplashed my neck a little, which is what always happens when I go to see a band after I've been drinking a bit. Ouch. After we left the bar I suddenly found myself hanging out in somebody's kitchen eating their food. Hmm, I don't remember much of that part- going to their house. But I do know that we were invited. I have no idea who's apartment it was or what these people even looked like. I think I was supposed to pay them $5 to be there but I figured if I wasn't drinking, I wasn't going to pay. I asked Joe if he paid and he said yeah so I had some food to help cover his share of $5. Then this morning I asked him if he paid and he said he didn't think so. Woops. I remember looking at the clock at like 320 am and I thought it was a weird temperature setting for an oven. And then I realized that it was the time of day and told Joe we had to leave. Since our house is ten million miles away from Madison, we finally got home at 4:15 or so. So yeah, I feel like shit today and didn't get anything done. Ah well. I'm okay with it. We were with my friends who are moving to Ecuador for a bit and I don't know if they'll come back to Madison, so I'm not mad at myself for wasting a day.

No comments: