Monday, August 17, 2009

Home at Last

So we finally closed on Friday.

We couldn't be happier. Actually, to say that we are absolutely smitten almost feels like an understatement.

The previous owners had such an appreciation for their home and it really shows. They were very detail-oriented and certainly clever. Joe and I keep noticing all these small details that just make sense. It's really neat.

Our weekend has been very busy, cleaning and packing and unpacking and cleaning again. But living out here, where it's quiet and peaceful, has a very calming effect.

We are so very lucky to have families who were so proud to help us move. They really made everything easier and it was nice to have everybody in our home right away.

I have lots of things to say but I should really get going. We spent the morning taking it easy, sipping our coffee on the front porch and watching the rain fall.

I'll leave you with a photo but if you want to view the set I have it posted on flickr.

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

CONGRATULATIONS does not even begin to say it all. You know I was right where you are 1 1/2 yrs ago + I know how happy you are. Lobe the photos in the Flickr set (although the one of Joe pointing down the basement stairs is a little scary, but then again, I watch too many horror movies).

I wish you all the best!
Enjoy your new home

The Rotary said...

Congrats on the new home! I'm glad to hear you love it and are so excited!