Monday, August 24, 2009


Today was my first day off after the move.

I left the house at about 8 this morning to get an early start on the errands that have stacked up over the length of the week. I went just about everywhere from the hardware store to the grocery store to the shoe store and then about 7 other places. I finally got back home around 3. Then I washed our car. That took about an hour and a half, but it was really nice to be able to wash it by hand and then vacuum it afterward. Can't really do that in an apartment.

After that I watered our flowers for the first time. The rain took care of them (me?) for the first few days, which was a huge help when settling in. It took an entire hour to water all of them, which was about what I'd expected.

I bought 150 feet of hose today. Of course I had to have an orange hose, so I paid extra for it. I am collecting things that are orange and blue for garage and yard accessories. I mentioned that awhile ago, I think. Joe likes the idea of those colors because they match the Chicago Bears. Yeah...that's what I was going for. And now that I'm sitting here typing away, I see that blogger claimed those colors as well.

Anyway, getting back on track here. While I was out, I stopped at the greenhouse and picked up these peculiar little plants called Living Stones, or "Lithops". Their story intrigued me just as much as their appearance. So I bought 3 of them. I figured I was on a mad spending spree anyway, so why not.

After I watered the flowers, I took a walk to the back of the yard near the monkey bars. We have grapevines tangled around them, which is really cool. I can't wait to try them.

Then on my way in, I decided to check on our new friend. The previous homeowners mentioned that sometimes there would be tree frogs that got into the hot tub. I figured they were just talking about leopard frogs or something like that, until a few days ago when Joe said that we had a frog. I ran over and saw that it was in fact a tree frog! So yeah. It's been there for awhile, in the same spot, just hanging out. I had to lift the cover to see it, he usually hangs off the side.

Tomorrow has a lot in store as well, so I'm heading to bed. Joe found a carpool, so now we get up at like 5:30 rather than 6:30. It's okay though, being up early is nice.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I read a helpful tip once that if you are afraid of snakes, don't by the black hose with the yellow stripe. Words to live by.

This is the super fun time, when you get to know all the employees at the hardware store.