Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sheets

Thrifted:














They have the best bed linens for twin beds.

I might just have to move into our Guest Bedroom once it's finished! Our sheets on our bed are nowhere near as fun. Especially now that the kittens have found them. (Read: "oh, is this a scratching post? oh, it's not? well, that's alright. i'll use it anyway.")

So, I feel a little bad that our guest room will have 2 twin beds, since our taller guests wont really dig the bed length much. Which I didn't think about till after we bought the duvet covers from IKEA. But what's done is done, and I have serious double twin bed envy. And Guest Room #2 will have a queen sized bed.

Left on the "to get" list for the guest room:

+roller blinds (2)
+mattresses & box springs (2)
+bed frame (1)
+artwork
+comforters for duvets (2)
+guests (feel free to come over any time!)

I think that we might get just one mattress/box spring for now, so we can at least have it mostly finished and add a second bed later.
+++++
Nothing else is new. I had big plans to paint my studio today, but the sun is out and the last place I want to be is in the basement on a sunny day. The problem with this is that all of my projects are in the basement. So nothing gets done on cold, sunny days except for a little bit of cleaning here and there. It's this reason that I didn't want a house with a basement...because of the lack of sun...but don't get me wrong- it has definitely grown on me. Especially the thought of having a sweet lounge area downstairs someday. :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

I have a basement studio as well...I call it my lair. I have to wear extra layers in the winter, but it is nice and cool in the summer. My painting fumes can be a problem as well.

Erin Lang Norris said...

Haha, I know what you mean- I have to wear an extra hoodie and a hat down there. But that's half the fun!

Caitlin said...

Your sense of style is fantastic. ^.^ I love to see what you're doing with your house!

I tagged you for the Kreative Blogger award. :)
You have to write 7 things about yourself and tag 7 more people to do it.

Actually, nobody's going to force you. ;-) I just like your blog.