Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mourning

This past week has been filled with many emotional highs and lows.
.
Yesterday we buried Joe's cousin, Marcus, who was killed in a motorcycle accident.
He was 25; the same age as me.
.
My heart remains heavy.
I feel very sad for his parents, sisters, brother in laws, nieces and friends.
Hundreds of people showed up to the services- the outreach was 
very touching.
.
To say that he was loved by many would be an understatement.
He was one of those genuine people that you don't come across very often.
He seemed to understand life. Many people who I have met don't understand what life really means, so to see somebody like this go is very hard for me. 
.
We will miss him dearly.
+++++++

I was hesitant to post this on the blog- I typically keep this sort of thing private.
But this is my primary journal and it wouldn't feel right to not make mention of it.

I go back to work today.
I'm hoping that it is the start of a familiar routine, which has been put on hold for almost a month now.
It will be nice to get back into the swing of things.

We haven't been doing many projects lately, but we are going to finish 3 good ones in time to post by mid August.
Mid August will be our "1 year anniversary" as home owners.
I know, I know- we celebrate milestones a lot.
But it's what keeps things fun.

See you soon.

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I am so so sorry to read this. Take care.

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

oh my, i'm so sorry, loss is difficult, especially when it's so tragic and sudden. i'm sending good thoughts your way.