Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thrifted

Ah, my favorite title for a blog post.
Always a good indicator that I got a sweet deal on something.
As you know, thrifting is my all time favorite thing to do.

I like to look for planters, ceramics, wooden things that can be painted and vintage sheets.
 
I have never had luck with finding artwork at the thrift store.
I typically only look in the section when I'm searching for frames, which is what brought me to the there in the first place this time.

Well, I was lucky enough to stumble across this beauty for only $6.
A large, graphic block print.
The inked area measures at about 9"x12".
I can't stop looking at it- those patterns are so so good.
I'd have to say it's one of my favorite scores to date.
And it totally makes me want to start carving again.

I was hoping to find some info about the artist but haven't had any luck.
I googled every possible name that I thought the signature resembled, but to no avail.

It came matted in a silver frame, but now I'm in the market for a black frame for it.
I'll probably just end up buying the frame at Michael's or Hobby Lobby when I get a coupon.

I also got a pair of American Eagle jeans, which I am always searching for.
They discontinued the kind I like before I had a chance to get more.
Every time I go to the thrift store I look for AE pants.
I get lucky and find them a lot, too!
They hold up well (I'm hard on my pants) and are the only pants that fit me the way I like.
But since I'm not about to spend $50 for new pants, I spend $7 instead.
It's a waiting game, but I'm used to that...good things always ALWAYS come to those who wait.
I promise.

1 comment:

canoelover said...

Clearly they are varnishing paddles.