Monday, June 27, 2011

Birdhouse Before & After

Hey friends! How are things? Everything is pretty good here. I haven't been up to too much and have been using most of my free time towards garden sorting. Yesterday Joe told me that I should enter a garden contest. I kind of laughed because I thought it was cute but knew that I am farrr far far from being at that level and explained to him that there are gardeners and then there are GARDENERS. I'm currently just a gardener, seeking to achieve GARDENER status by about 2013. I told him that, to me, the garden is still a huge mishmash and that it still doesn't feel like it's 100% mine. He hesitated for a minute and finally said "well. it's still a respectable garden." Aw. That made me smile.

Anyway, enough words because photos are more fun. When we moved in, there were about 7 birdhouses stationed around the yard, all filled to the brims with nests. They all seem to be painted white or beige and I'm not really digging it.
So last week I mixed up a batch of purple and proceeded to paint. Nope, not happening. Over the past few days,I've realized that I'm a cool on the inside and warm on the outside kind of person. And I mean with my house...not with myself. So out went the purple and in came the orange. Admittedly, it's not exactly the shade I was after, but it's pretty damn close so I will try to be okay with it.
I also sanded the base a little bit but didn't get too far with that because I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. Paint it? Keep sanding? Replace with something that's more proportionate to the birdhouse (skinnier)? I don't know. But for now, I'm considering it done and I'm moving onto the next thing. 
So that's about it for now. Have you done anything fun around your house recently? 

1 comment:

Valerie Joy said...

You could always stain the post a cool color ... slate blue