Sunday, March 27, 2011

Score

My mom recently found this vintage army cot for $17 at an auction. I'm looking forward to using it on the back deck on warm summer days...I've been on the hunt for one ever since I saw this photo.
A few weeks ago I used up the balance of my Target gift card on a new bag. I haven't started using it yet, but it's a little bigger than the bag I'm currently using (although i love my current one and am having a hard time parting with it) & it will come in handy when I start toting a million things to and from work every day...hoodie, water bottle, coffee thermos, salad container, granola, magazine, hat, phone, rain jacket, etc etc etc. Since I never know if I'll be working inside or outside for the majority of my work day, I have to pack stuff that will accommodate the various conditions of either setting.

The green hoodie is by Mountain Hardware & is one of my favorite pieces lately. I like how it equally suits my outdoor love and my design love.

The brown bag is IKEA from like 5 years ago.
I made the rack about 3 years ago. It took me forever, but it was a really calming project & I enjoyed spending time on it.

5 things because I have run out of things to write:
+ I am having a really hard time finding bathroom lighting that I like. Damn it.
+ We bought a big window from the ReStore yesterday for $50. 30"x 86". Sweet!
+ My dad gave me a chainsaw today. To say I'm excited about this would be an understatement.
+ I started another book recently & have already tired of it. I guess reading really isn't my thing. Frustrating.
+ Our friend jokingly mentioned that Joe was a lady killer the other day. I'm still giggling! Haha, I'm not going to lie- I was (and still am) one of those "ladies". Although at 18...when it all began...I didn't really consider myself to be a lady. I remember getting a little bent when I heard people tell their kids to "go ask the nice lady". Okay, that's enough. Off I go, have a great Sunday.

No comments: