Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Presents

This morning I woke up and thought "Hmm, I can't believe we're in January already...I owe a lot of people reply e-mails and phone calls."

So I got up and started to look for dates that would work for hanging out with friends and I kept staring at the calendar thinking "what the heck day is it?", knowing that it was Tuesday but also knowing that if it was January 4th, I completely forgot to send in my credit card payment. I think I tossed around a few profanities as I ran to the computer to make the payment, wondering how much money I even had in my bank account right now.

That's when I also started to think that I should take photos of some of the things I got for Christmas so I could share on the blog, and it was finally then that I realized that we're still in December.

Some of my faves:
*Pink pajama pants that Joe said "soooo, you might want to return this" as he handed me the gift. What?! Are you kidding me?! Do you even know me anymore, Joe? I've been swooning over these every time I go to Target. It took everything I had not to buy them when I was out Christmas shopping. So they were quite a nice surprise and I've basically lived in them since that day.
*Home Outside. When my mom asked what I wanted for Christmas, I was very adamant that I wanted this book. She already knew that, but I had to be sure that she didn't forget. I've shuffled through it about 12 times from cover to cover and last night I finally started reading it. I highly recommend it. I didn't get to spend much time outside last summer between being sick and the mosquitoes taking over the universe, but this year this book will be at my side 24/7.
 If my mom knows one thing about me, it's that I love weird things like this:
They got it at a flea market, which made me happy.
I'm not sure where I'll put it yet, but I do know that it will be very at home once it's hung.

   I mostly went crazy for the chartreuse handles on these Craftsman pliers, but any new tools are always a welcome addition. We have a lot of tools that were handed down to us and they have seen better days for sure. I'm pretty hard on my stuff, so quality is key.
I try not to be hard on my stuff, but I don't have that motherly niceness that so many women seem to be blessed with. That's fine, I don't really need it for anything since I'm not a mom.
 So yeah- those are a few things that I got.

I also bought a new camera the day after Christmas. It was $80 off and I had a $50 Best Buy gift card, so I took the plunge. It did require some motivation from Joe, though. I wanted to buy the Bose sound dock since it was also on sale. It came down to want vs. need and I hate buying things that I need over things that I want, but I wasn't about to be greedy since it was the day after Christmas and all.

 Anyway, that's all for now. I'm going to go eat more cookies since it is still December and my undoing of the weight gain doesn't start till January.

Did you get anything awesome for the holidays?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for a new iTouch 32 g and I got it! I've always loved the iPhone for the camera but didn't want the monthly plan. I was so excited when they came out with the new iTouch. I love it!