Saturday, December 04, 2010

Winter

Winter has officially arrived here in South Central Wisconsin. We woke up to about 4 inches of snow this morning and the house looks so pretty! It's so much brighter inside- usually our house is somewhat dim, so this is a much welcomed sight. I've been waiting to see what the grey walls would look like since we (and by we I mean my mom) painted just after the snow went away last spring, and I can say that they look just like I had imagined they would.

I started decorating for winter & Christmas last night. I get pretty bummed around the holidays, and it's amazing how much these silvery shimmery decorations have helped my mood!
























The mirror tree is from Target and the wire glitter trees are $1 each at Walgreens. I got one last year and wished I had bought more, so I was happy to see them again this year. I treated myself to shopping therapy last night because I had extra money on my paycheck for the first time in months and months. So I spent it at a department store rather than a thrift shop since I don't get to do that much. I asked Joe if he would buy me the big tree and the small tree from Target, too. We'll see if he does. They are quite lovely.



















The white shelf is the television console that I made. I'm hoping to show the full reveal soon, but haven't been able to finish it yet. I do love it, though- it has really opened up our narrow living room and it's nice to have the television at eye level rather than up higher like it was before. You'll see what I mean soon.



















As you can see, Clem isn't in the greatest mood today. But then again- he never really is. He bitches a lot. I guess it's not that he isn't in a good mood...he's just particular and is rather vocal when he's not happy. But today he isn't happy because I locked him in the basement so I could sleep this morning. And because Joe shot him with the Nerf gun. Don't worry- it doesn't hurt him...it just stops him from being a dick to Moonshadow.

Anyway, the pillow in the photo is from Target, too. It's super plush and comfy and I got the a white & icy blue one as well. The prices were pretty good- $25 for a 24x24 pillow and $20 for the 18x18. The mirrored tree was $15 I think? They are out of stock on the Target website. I think I should go before work today and scoop them up before they are gone for good...

Speaking for work, I have to get ready for that. See you soon!

No comments: