Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Woah

Aren't these houses from World Market the cutest? I'm thinking about making some of my own since they are a bit out of my budget and they are the type of crafty thing I can really get down with. Paper cutting & assembling. Well, cardboard cutting if you want to get technical, but for the sake of this post, paper cutting.
This morning I realized that I totally missed my 5 year blogiversary by about a week. I can't believe I've been at this for 5 years! When I first started the blog, it was so I could have a place to archive photos of the journals & various paper goods I made. This was right before the paper cutting craze swept through...I didn't even know what paper cutting WAS.

Operation Paper Cut had a 2 part meaning. At the time, I felt like the majority of my minutes were spent cutting paper for journals. Quite an operation. And when I cut this paper for the journals, I also cut my fingers and hands with paper. So often that I've actually become immune to paper cuts and they are no longer the WORST things in the world and they don't even really hurt or bother me anymore. Weird how that works, right?

But now the blog focus has totally changed, and although I will always be in love with my original OPC, I can't help but to feel that it's time for a name change. I'll post the 3 or 4 names I've been going back and forth on when I get home from work today. I'd love if you would vote for your favorite! Okay, for now I have to throw my clothes in the dryer and finish getting ready for work. I still haven't convinced myself that starting at 6:30 a.m. is an okay thing, although I'm totally good with 7:00. Dang it.

No comments: