Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I have not always been a fan of Valentine's Day. In fact, I used to hate it.
































And I used to think it was a stupid holiday and I was on that "greeting card conspiracy" bandwagon for a long time. I refused to give in...
But this year I had a change of heart. Who cares if it's just some marketing scheme- you can still celebrate love even if you don't want to give into the spending spree hype.




Even if you don't have a significant other, I'm sure your friends wouldn't mind some handmade Valentine's Day cards to show that you are thinking about them.





































Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers. 

XOXO, Erin

+++++
The photos are ones that I've taken of things I've made over the years. They weren't necessarily for Valentine's Day, but they all seemed to have a common theme so I thought they'd be good for this post.

1. Block Printed Key Rack
2. Block Printed & Inked Recycled Notebook
3. Hand bound Journal *sigh. this makes me miss making journals.
4. A card I made for Joe a couple years ago.

2 comments:

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

I still hate it : (
although I love the tulips my husband brought home this year, so I think I'll make him a chocolate cake!

Anonymous said...

I still hate it too!! And it's not because I'm single like my friends say. I love your cat.