Tuesday, February 08, 2011


Hi friends! I started back at work last week and I haven't had much of any time to do Erin stuff. Joe can tell you how I start to get when this happens. 

The table I'm working on hasn't moved since last week but I'm hoping to finish tomorrow.

I know you are bored by these books posts as of late, but I just wanted to say that I scratched the house book ends idea and made this thing instead. 3 scraps of wood, a jigsaw, 6 nails and some pink spray paint. 


























Anyway, how is your 2011 going? Have you done anything on your list yet? I took a kayak rolling class the other day since it is my eventual goal to start whitewater kayaking and it's really a great skill to master. I'll cut to the chase & say that it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I really, really hate being upside down in the water. I had a bad experience the very first time I did a wet exit and it's been downhill from there. I thought this course would help but I suppose I wasn't ready. Next time I will be. I think my biggest issue is that I haven't swam in years so I'm just not as used to the water as I should be. Swimming is no big deal, but being upside down in a kayak is a little unnerving. Oh well- I tried. And I will try again. 


For now I will get ready for work. It's day 6 and I am not a 6 day in a row kind of person. Not because I don't love my job- because I do- but because I am itching to do stuff around the house and I can't do those things during the work week! Oh well. Tomorrow is a day off so I will catch up on errands and Thursday is also a day off so I will catch up on projects. :)

No comments: