Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Houzz

A couple weeks ago I got an email from Sheila Schmitz, the Editor over at Houzz. Imagine my excitement when I read that they were looking for another contributor & that they were wondering if I'd be interested.

Woah. 


So fast forward through a phone call and a bunch of emails- I can officially say that I am the newest contributor for Houzz! I couldn't be more thrilled. This is a wonderful opportunity for me! 
My first ideabook was published today and I'm in the process of gathering photos & writing the commentary for my second one. Since I really enjoy writing and pretty much live for interior design (and spend a countless amount of time poring over design blogs and photos) this is perfect for me! I'm pretty stoked.


If you haven't heard of Houzz before, basically it's a huge collection of photos that have been submitted by architects, designers, photographers, bloggers, etc. You can save photos that revolve around a common theme in what are referred to as "ideabooks". It's really awesome for anybody who has ever found themselves clipping magazines or saving hundreds of design photos in folders on their computer. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you are into decorating, photography, design, DIY, or if you are simply just a visual person.


Anyway, that's all for now. Stop by and say "hi" sometime!


*the stairs in the photo above are by Elite Metalcraft Co. Ltd.

2 comments:

Pragya said...

Ohmygosh, congratulations!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

congrats!!! Yay!