Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Projects

Somehow my almost-3 weeks off of work has quickly dwindled down to 2. We had house guests over the weekend so we were busy getting ready and entertaining for a few days. Yesterday I was finally able to get back to my to-do list & I hope to have 3 more things crossed off by the end of the day!

The funny thing about to-do lists, for me, is that I always manage to find something that I want to do that's not on the list. It's never a conscious decision, either. And then I feel bad that I spent hours doing something that wasn't on the list, so of course I have to add it to the list just so I can cross it off. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this...

The photo above is an example of what I'm talking about.

Today I was supposed to finish painting the table, finish painting the basement wall and also do something else that I can't recall right now. But instead, I ended up spending like 2 hours working on this piece for the dining area.

Oh well- it's only 12:15 so I still have lots of time to do those other things.

So anyway. I think I might return my new camera that I went on and on about needing for months and months (years?). I hate to return it because I got a good deal on it and I had a $50 gift card to use towards the purchase...but it's just not really living up to my expectations. It's not very user-friendly, I'm not impressed with the macro setting, the editing software isn't fun...on and on.

And also because I haven't owned a sufficient winter coat in 5 years and seriously need one. So I figure if I return my camera, I can buy a coat. Sure I have a wool pea coat or 2, but I'm not about to go snowshoeing in it. And the damn things don't even keep me warm.
AH I hate money.

Thankfully there's $5 mistint paint at Home Depot so I can press on with my house projects during my time off. People tell me that if I stop spending money on house stuff then I could buy these other things I talk about. There are 2 things that bother me about this: 1- I hardly spend any $ on the house and the small amounts I do spend go much further in creating happiness than the large amounts I would have to save for these other things I want and 2- I need my house to look nice otherwise I. will. go. crazy.

True story.

No comments: