Monday, January 31, 2011

Cream & Sugar

Hey Friends!

I hope you all had a great weekend! We really didn't do a whole heck of a lot so I don't have any photos to share today. I have one, but really, it's not much.

It's just to say that I found a new sugar bowl to replace this one. I loved that vintage sugar bowl dearly for quite some time. I remember gasping at Joe at 4:40 a.m. on many, many mornings "aaah! please done pick her up! please!" (thankfully we don't have to get up that early anymore). It was my very first thrifted item for the apartment. I bought it when I was 20. Oh, how thoughts have have changed since that post! Green is not my favorite color any longer. Least favorite? Maybe. Okay okay, not least favorite. We'll leave that slot for any color ever referred to as "skin". Ew. But I set green on the back burner and don't see it re-entering the house any time soon. Although it is one of "my colors" as far as clothing goes, so I guess I can let that slide if I find something good. I think my cringing comes from where we live now- in the summer, EVERYTHING is green during my drives to and from work. Oh, the drives. Scheduled to restart tomorrow. Oy. I just grow tired of colors I see everywhere. It's a good thing I don't live in Ireland.
But anyway- yes. A new sugar dish. $2 at Michael's. The cream thingy is for when we have extra people over in the mornings, but as I sort of guessed, it doesn't have the strongest pour. The spout isn't pointy enough. Oh well.

But that's all for now. I have 6 books that I have started since Christmas and I have 6 books that I haven't made to page 30 yet. I'm a terrible reader. I'm really trying hard to get better at it, but it's tough the internet has all these pretty photos and then there are all the other things I could do instead of reading. Like...the dishes. Or...finding my way to the internet again. I know that when we have a spot dedicated for it I will be better. But for now I will just keep trying to stick with one of these books and hope that I find a chair for the soon to be library.

No comments: