Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Purple

I was reading a post that I wrote 4 years ago and it said something like "my favorite color is green and my least favorite color is purple."
A few years later we moved into our house and I began to loathe green. I will still wear it, but I don't like it in my house. Now I like purples and blues and greys.

 Even the cat's toys are purple. I love this little glitter ball & Clem does, too. It's his favorite and he carries it around all over the place. He cries if he can't find it. It's kind of annoying.

 After I painted these birdhouses, I started to wonder if maybe I should keep those hues for indoors and have orange and reds and yellows for outdoors? Mix it up a little, ya know?
 Joe bought me this necklace from Stone & Honey last year. It's a bitch to keep clean (for me) and it's a little tarnished. But I still love it. Note to self: I really need to get some jewelry cleaner.
 I didn't have anything new to post about today. There haven't been any projects worth sharing, but I hope to finish the piece I'm working on for the dining room today.

I was supposed to leave for Madison like an hour ago but I haven't left yet. I haven't even showered yet and I never did eat breakfast.

I'm dreading the drive.

Any time I go to Madison I feel like there is so much that I have to do. Right now there are 6 places on my list. One includes the grocery store, which is always a huge production. I haven't even made my list yet...

It's days like this that I jump on realtor.com and look at houses closer to Madison and then I remember why we moved out here in the first place...

Because unless we wanted a teeny tiny house with a teeny tiny yard or one that needed a lot of work or one that I could reach into my neighbor's house from my bathroom window, it wasn't going to happen. 

Damn it.

No comments: